Air Fryer Molten Honey Lava Cake
Gluten-Free & Ready in Under 30 Minutes!
Do you preplan your desserts, or do they happen on a whim? We never know when that post-dinner craving will strike. When it does, we’ll be ready with these fantastic lava cakes - just mix, wait and bake!
As with many dishes, who invented lava cakes is in dispute. Some say it originated at a bake-off in 1966, while two pastry chefs each say they developed it in the 1980s, and another insists there was already a dessert like it in France before then. Many of us have a nostalgic connection to this dessert no matter where it began, as it became wildly popular in the 1990s.
Lava cakes were named for their liquid chocolate center, and our recipe uses our favorite PRI Dark Chocolate Patties to create this ooey-gooey delicious core! Since the patties come in five flavors, you can pick your favorite! We tried caramel and coffee, which were both amazing!
The bonus of using manuka honey in your desserts is its impressive oral care benefits. Manuka Honey will help reduce plaque by preventing the development of biofilms, which make plaque harder to remove. It also restricts bacteria formation preventing tooth cavities and other gum problems like periodontal disease, gingivitis, bleeding, receding gums, dry mouth, and bad breath.
Of course, while brushing your teeth afterward is still recommended, you certainly wouldn’t get the same benefits from other sweeteners and other types of honey!
- ¼ cup oat flour sifted
- ¼ cocoa powder sifted
- ½ tsp espresso powder, sifted
- ½ tbsp cornstarch sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- ⅛ tsp PRI Fine Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp PRI Manuka Honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1-2 PRI Manuka Chocolate Patties
- Sift the oat flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Then add in almond milk, manuka honey, and vanilla. Stir until the batter is well combined and the honey is incorporated throughout. Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes to bubble up.
- Grease a ramekin with oil or spray and then fill it halfway with the batter. Then place in one or two manuka chocolate patties and fill to the top with the rest of the batter.
- Air fry for 12-14 minutes at 360°F. The cook time depends on the individual air fryer, so you check on it around the 8-minute mark. The longer you cook it, the less gooey it will be.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool. Top with ice cream or powdered sugar, and enjoy!