Hot Manuka Honey Salami Pizza
Spicy, savory, salty and just the right amount of sweet - this pizza has it all! Using store bought crust makes it a quick & easy weeknight meal but we also included a link to our gluten free dough recipe in case you want to go all in.
If you’ve never tried hot honey on your pizza please be aware that it is highly addictive. Customize the spice level to your preference or just serve it on the side for those who can’t handle any heat. They’ll never know what they’re missing out on.
Pair it with a simple side salad and you have a well-rounded meal and we’re not just talking about the shape of the pizza!
Hot Manuka Honey
- ¼ cup PRI Manuka Honey 60+
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 lb store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1 jar pizza sauce (use as needed)
- 1 ½ cups low moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5-8 slices calabrese salami
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh basil, thinly sliced for topping
- red pepper flakes, for topping
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning, for crust (optional)
- homemade hot manuka honey
Hot Honey Instructions:
- In a saucepan, combine manuka honey, red pepper flakes and hot sauce.
- Stir well on low heat, once it starts to bubble up (around 3 minutes) turn the heat off and continue to stir.
- Strain the honey over a mesh sieve to remove the pepper flakes and transfer to a jar to cool. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 475F, let pizza dough sit according to package instructions.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and roll out dough or use your hands to form the shape of pizza desired.
- Place parchment paper over a pizza stone or pizza pan, then transfer the pizza dough onto it.
- Cover the pizza with sauce, using as much or little as you like. Then top with a generous amount of low mozzarella, calabrese salami and red onion. Brush olive oil on the crust and sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on the edges.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and top with fresh basil, red pepper flakes and a generous drizzle of hot honey over top.
- Slice and enjoy!