Science Backed Benefits Of Manuka Honey
Are you wondering what is so special about Manuka Honey? It’s been used for centuries for its medicinal effects such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral properties and shows to be effective in treating other conditions both internal and external. It should be an essential in your kitchen and your natural remedy cabinet! Choosing the right Manuka Honey depends on your plans on how to use it. Here are several ways on how to make use of Manuka honey and experience its health benefits.
- Wounds - Historically, honey has been recognised around the world for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help promote healing, tissue regeneration and reduce pain. You can apply a thin layer of Manuka Honey on a bandage before putting it on the affected area.
- Acne - Traditional medicine in numerous countries has described honey as efficacious in the treatment of a range of skin disorders. You can add Manuka Honey in your daily skin care routine and improve your skin’s appearance. Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects can help treat acne, keep your skin moisturized and nourished.
- Oral Health - Manuka Honey will help reduce plaque and bacteria formation preventing tooth cavities and other gum problems including gingivitis, bleeding and receding gums.
- Sore Throat - Manuka Honey contains antioxidants, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that have been shown to help support the immune system, which helps you to recover faster and reduce inflammation when you have a sore throat. Just add 1-2 teaspoons of Manuka honey into warm water mixed with a squeeze of half a lemon. You can also try other Manuka honey products like the Propolis and Manuka Honey Cough Elixir and Manuka Honey & Propolis Lozenges.
- Digestion - Experts say that taking Manuka Honey is a popular home remedy to relieve digestive issues, the anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties can help heal and soothe digestion.Manuka Honey acts as a natural prebiotic, taking a tablespoon or two is beneficial. A healthy gut can strengthen the immune system and improve digestion. Prebiotic are essential and can help maintain the good bacteria in the gut. A study was conducted to investigate the composition and function of the gut microbiome in loperamide-induced constipation model mice treated with honey. Constipation can induce the overgrowth of many harmful bacteria, the results showed that loperamide-induced chronic transit constipation treated with honey can improve the fecal water content and intestinal transit rate, but not recover the body weight in a very short time. Honey can improve the symptoms of constipation, it can manipulate intestinal dysbiosis by suppressing harmful bacteria in the intestines.
What is a good strength for Manuka Honey? See the uses and Manuka Honey ratings table below.
Everyday Sweetener! If you use honey a lot but want it to have some extra benefits, this is a great low-budget option.
Everyday Sweetener. Another great lower budget option for honey enthusiasts.
Everyday Immune Support
General and Digestive Health Maintenance, Skin Health
Our Manuka has a variety of health benefits that the ordinary doesn't provide. When you buy Manuka, look for MGO it stands for Methylglyoxal, it is the compound that makes Manuka Honey unique. Pacific Resources International farms the highest quality Manuka in New Zealand. All of our Manuka is genuine and is independently tested for potency and purity. We are leading the charge in the Manuka industry in the Save The Bees campaign and only source our honey from sustainable beekeepers and donate a portion of every purchase to bee-sustainability. There are so many different uses for Manuka Honey that can help improve your health and wellbeing. I hope this blog gave you an idea to incorporate Manuka Honey into your daily regimen. Enjoy!