Manuka Honey from D’Urville Island MGO 152+- 500g
This Raw Manuka Honey comes from D’Urville Island in the Marlborough Sounds. It is so remote it can only be accessed by boat. This is our master beekeepers favourite honey and they would normally reserve this for their own personal use but they have agreed to share it with you! Raw means it has undergone less processing making it higher in healthy enzymes and retaining a distinctive flavour. It has tested as MGO152+.
- Raw honey has been processed less than conventional honeys. It has not been stirred for long periods or heated above normal hive temperature (approx. 35℃) which retains more Independent research shows that it has more than double the amount healthy enzymes than conventionally processed honey.
- Single source honey comes from only one site and is not blended with honey from other locations like most commercial manuka honeys. This captures the distinctive floral sources and retains the unique flavor and properties of that
- This manuka honey comes from D’Urville Island in the Marlborough Sounds in the South Island. It is so remote that it can only be accessed by boat. It has only 60 residents and an area of 150km2.
- The master beekeeper that operates these hives is Jeff Lukey. He has 40 years bee keeping experience and is one of the best in the country. He knows the best locations and has healthy, happy bees enjoying their island
- This manuka honey has been tested to strict government standards and has an activity of MGO 152+. Methylglyoxal is the key measure of the special activity from manuka honey. It is an ideal honey to support general everyday well-being needs.