Coffee Sweet Potato Nice Cream
Real talk, we can chow down on a pint of Ben & Jerrys with zero guilt added… but does that mean we’re going to stop searching for the perfect, nutritionally-packed alternative that won’t make us miss the original? Never.
We think we found a real winner with this one and you don’t even need an ice cream maker!! The only negative is you have to serve it immediately, as it does melt a bit faster than the standard stuff. An OK trade-off in our opinion, do you agree?
To kickoff National Candy Month, we incorporated our Coffee Manuka Honey Patties & ground coffee for a classic mocha flavor , but you could make a tasty version out of any of the five chocolate flavors.
We can’t wait to hear what you think about this divine creation!
- 2 cups sweet potato (2 large sweet potatoes)
- 2 bags PRI Coffee Chocolate Patties (sub out 5 salted caramel patties if you want added caramel flavor too)
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- ½ cup PRI Manuka Honey 200+
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground coffee (for a strong coffee flavor add 1 tsp at a time until desired flavor)
- ½ tsp PRI Flaky Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Clean the sweet potatoes, pierce them with a fork all over and then slice them in two halves.
- Place the sweet potatoes flesh side down on the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes until they start to bubble and caramelize.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, melt two bags of chocolate patties in a double boiler until fully melted. Then let cool.
- Once the chocolate and sweet potatoes are cooled, add them into a blender with one can of coconut milk, manuka honey, vanilla, ground coffee and flakey sea salt.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a glass bowl with a lid and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Then transfer the batter into an ice cream maker and churn until desired consistency and thickness, then freeze overnight, or for 2 days to get extra firm and cold. (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, freeze and stir every hour or two until solid. Then freeze overnight.)
- Remove from the freezer right before you want to enjoy, scoop and serve immediately!.