- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Pacific Natural Sea Salt, Fine
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup New Zealand Multiflora Honey
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable, coconut, etc.)
- 2 eggs at room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F
In a large bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in walnuts.
In a separate bowl, blend pumpkin, honey, oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Pour pumpkin mixture over dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed.
Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling each 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of muffins comes out clean.
Let pan cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and let cool on rack completely.
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting, if desired.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a small bowl, with an electric mixer, beat 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature) with 1/3 cup honey, until fluffy.