Why You Should Be Eating More Honey
Honey is a great source for many healthy benefits. Here are 6 great reasons why you should be eating more honey!
- Alleviate Allergies
- Increase Athletic Performance
- Help you Sleep
- Fight Infections
- Treat Dandruff
- Treat Wounds
1. Honey can help reduce the symptoms of seasonal allergies. Natural raw honey contains small amounts of pollen and after repeated exposure the body becomes accustomed to their presence resulting in a lesser allergic reaction.
2. An excellent source of all-natural energy. Studies have found that honey can maintain glycogen levels and improve recovery time after a workout. At just 17 grams of carbohydrates per tablespoon, this natural unprocessed sugar can directly enter the bloodstream and can deliver a quick boost of energy. The rise in blood sugar acts as a short-term energy source for your workout, especially in long endurance exercises.
3. Honey can help you sleep. Sleeping problems are a common but thankfully honey can be used as a health aid for sleepless nights. Similar to sugar, honey can cause a rise in insulin and release serotonin which is a neurotransmitter that is known to improve mood. Try the famous milk and honey tip. Before going to bed, take glass of warm milk and mix it with a spoon of pure honey.
4. Assist in fighting infections. studies have found that Manuka Honey may be effective for the treatment of infection. Dr. Rowena Jenkins and colleagues, from the University of Wales Institute, reported that Manuka Honey kills bacteria by destroying key bacterial proteins.
5. Honey can be used to treat dandruff due to its antibacterial and anti fungal properties, as dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis are often caused by an overgrowth of fungus on the scalp. “Honey also has anti-inflammatory properties, which address the redness and itching on the scalp,” Dr Matthew Brennecke says.
6. Great for treating wounds and burns. Many studies have confirmed these properties help wounds and helping the cut or burn heal faster.
Honey can be used for many different ways. Pacific Resources’ New Zealand Manuka Honey is the perfect honey for whole body care!
Visit our website for all your favorite NZ Manuka Honey.
Farah, F., Desi Blitz: “Why you should be eating honey,” http://www.desiblitz.com/content/why-honey-is-so-good-for-you
Filed under: News Tagged: Fight Infections, Honey Natural Energy, manuka honey, Manuka Honey Wound Care, New Zealand Honey, Why you should be eating more honey