Cocktails To Try This Holiday Season!
Here are three classic Holiday cocktails to try this season!
This classic prohibition-era cocktail that is simple, clean and refreshing.
- 2 oz Gin
- .75 oz Fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz Manuka Honey syrup (one part honey, one part water)
- Garnish – Lemon twist
Add all ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
MEXICAN PUNCH PONCHE
A warm, deliciously fruity, naturally sweetened punch perfect for the holidays!
- 20 cups (1 1/4 gallons) water
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 5 ounces sugar cane peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 5 ounces tamarind peeled
- 5 dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 orange peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 pounds apples unpeeled,cored, and sliced
- 1 pound guava fruit
- 10 tejocotes (hawthorne apples) sliced
- 1 cup New Zealan Multiflora Honey
- Fresh fruit for garnish
- Tequila to taste, optional (recommended)
- In a large stock pot, bring water, cinnamon, sugar cane, tamarind, and hibiscus flowers to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the water turns dark brown, about 10 minutes (depending on your cinnamon sticks, the Ponche may be a pinkish color).
- Add oranges, apples, guava, and tejocotes and continue simmering 1 1/2 hours longer. Strain. Add honey to taste. Add Tequila (if you want to!) Garnish with fresh fruit and serve.
HOT TODDY CIDER
A Sweet Twist on a holiday classic.
- 10 oz apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 8 whole cloves
- 11/2 Tablespoon New Zealand Multiflora honey
- 4 oz honey whiskey, or whiskey of choice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Ina sauce pot, combine apple cider, cinnamon, star anise, and cloves. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Allow spices to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain spices. Stir in honey to dissolve. Add whiskey and lemon juice. Stir to combine.Add more honey according to taste, if desired. Serve with sliced apples, sliced lemons, cinnamon sticks, and star anise.