Dairy-Free Spicy Mexican Chocolate Soft Serve
When we saw that National Soft Serve Ice Cream & National Hot & Spicy Food Day were on the same day you KNOW we had to get on that mash-up!
It was super difficult to decide which flavor to create, but we ended up settling on spicy mexican chocolate because the ingredients were most accessible and, well, who doesn’t love chocolate?
Soft serve is actually really easy to make without any fancy gadgets. If you don’t have a piping bag, just cut the corner off of a ziploc!
- 1 can Heavy Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup PRI Manuka Honey 5+
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if ya like it hot AND spicy!)
- 1 tbsp espresso or coffee powder (optional)
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring full fat coconut milk and manuka honey to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat immediately to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Pour in the chocolate chips, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and combined with the coconut milk honey mixture.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes and then stir in the cinnamon, cayenne, espresso and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Next, pour the mixture into ice cube trays or candy molds and freeze overnight until hard.
- The next day, remove the chocolate cubes from the molds and place them in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until you have a thick soft serve texture. Do not add any excess liquid, you may need to use a tamper or scrape the sides down.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag with a star tip and pipe the soft serve onto a cone into a cup, if the batter is too frozen let it thaw a bit, if it’s too runny to pipe, place back into the freezer until it is your desired consistency.