Sticky Multiflora Honey Chicken Wings
This recipe inspired by myrecipes.com. sparked my imagination! I am always looking for ideas to serve during a pool party. You want something that you can grab and eat with your fingers while sitting in the back yard. I would serve these chicken wings with lots of wet towelettes.
- 20 large chicken drumettes, skinned
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 5 tablespoons New Zealand Multiflora Honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of Chipotle BBQ Pacific Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground fresh chili paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
Coat a large foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine chicken and 1 tablespoon of oil. Toss to coat then broil for 13 minutes, turn chicken over and broil again for 3 minutes.
Combine New Zealand Multiflora Honey, chicken stock, Chipotle BBQ Pacific Sea Salt, vinegar, chili paste, ginger, garlic, and remaining tablespoon of oil in a small skillet. Cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring for another 13 minutes until liquid is reduced to about 2/3 cup. Brush chicken with 3 tablespoons honey mixture, and return to broiler. Broil 2 minutes until lightly charred. Place chicken in a large bowl; drizzle with the remaining honey mixture, and toss to coat. Sprinkle chicken with cilantro and peanuts. Serve and enjoy!