What Is Manuka Oil & Why Should You Use It?
Manuka Oil has long been recognised and well-known for its Medicinal purposes like antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Many are most familiar with manuka oil's cousin, tea tree oil. Manuka oil has actually been shown to be up to 33x stronger against most bacteria than tea tree oil! Long before there were honey bees in NZ to make manuka honey, the Maori peoples were using manuka oil, bark and leaves to treat a variety of issues from skin conditions to oral care. Our Manuka Oil—drawn from the leaf of the Manuka tree through a steam distillation process that keeps everything natural—using low temperature with no added chemicals, is packed with active compounds. Below are five amazing benefits of Manuka Oil:
- Natural Antiseptic - For centuries, Manuka Oil has been used to prevent disease-causing microorganisms. It is effective to inhibit the growth of microbes to reduce the possibility of infection.
- Cicatrisant - This means wound healing, when Manuka Oil is applied to the affected areas it promotes the growth of new cells and encourages the skin to form scar tissues and also can help fading scars.
- Skin, Hair & Nails - The soothing and hydration benefits of Manuka Oil can improve your skin’s appearance, reduce wrinkles and can help treat irritations, blemishes and acne. Massaging your scalp can help in increasing blood circulation which moisturizes, nourishes, promotes hair growth and strengthens the hair roots. You can apply a few drops to your nails and between your toes, the antifungal properties may be an effective treatment for nail fungus.
- Relaxation - The aromatic substance of Manuka Oil helps relieve stress, boost your energy levels, helps provide enough restful sleep and it leaves a soothing effect on your body and mind.
- Deodorant - Manuka Oil is an effective natural deodorant because of their antibacterial and antifungal properties which makes you feel clean and fresh! You can also add a few drops to your body wash.
- For Cleaning - Manuka Oil acts as a natural disinfectant, just add a few drops into your spray bottle together with water or your favorite cleaning solution.