Peanut Butter Manuka Honey Cereal Bars
What makes the perfect snack? We like ours to be healthy, tasty & not straight out of a box. If we already have the ingredients, that’s an added plus!
We hope these PB-MH Bars check all of your boxes too. It only requires about 10 minutes of your time and then a bit of patience while they firm up in the fridge. This is also a great recipe for the kids to help with and is easily customized. Here are some ways you could switch it up:
- Use your favorite cereal
- Use your favorite nut or seed butter
- Add nuts, seeds or dried fruit
- Melt your favorite Manuka Dark Chocolate Patty flavor over the top!
Any way you do it, they make a tasty part of a balanced breakfast, after-lunch dessert or on-the-go snack.
Here is what you need:
- 6 Cups Of O-Shaped Cereal
- 1 Cup Unsalted Peanut Butter
- ¾ Cup PRI Manuka Honey
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- ½ Tsp PRI Fine Sea Salt
- Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine peanut butter with manuka honey and coconut oil and stir on low heat until well incorporated throughout (2-3 minutes).
- Turn the heat off and stir in vanilla and sea salt. Then add in 3 cups of cheerios and stir until they are covered in the peanut honey mixture. Pour in the remaining 3 cups and gently stir until well incorporated. It should be similar to rice crispy treats and stick together.
- Pour the cheerio mixture into the parchment lined pan and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours until firm.
- Slice into bars and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy for a week or freeze to enjoy later.