International Bath Day
There is nothing like a lengthy soak in a bath of warm water to melt the stress away, so make sure to set a date with your tub as often as possible. And to make it extra soothing, you can add Manuka Honey, Manuka Oil, and Sea Salt; all ingredients which will leave the skin feeling smoother, softer, and brighter. The combined antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory & pH balancing benefits can help remove toxins, and dead skin cells, and cleanse your skin’s pores deeply keeping your skin moisturized and nourished. Here are some of our favorite recipes to take your bath from average to “oh my goodness, I feel so much better!”
Need a mental and physical refresh? Whip up this recipe for Calendula and Mint infused herbal bath salts, which will calm your mind and soothe your body. These bath salts feature our Bio-Gro Certified Sea Salt, full of trace minerals to infuse your bath with relaxation. These bath salts were created by our friend Colleen. Click here for the recipe - https://www.growforagecookferment.com/herbal-bath-salt/
When you don’t have a lot of time on your hands, but you know you need a dip in the tub, you can spruce up your bath with just two ingredients that are nutrient-dense, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory (as well as being known relaxants,) that will help you de-stress and feel better.
- 2 cups of Pacific Sea Salt
- 3-5 drops of Manuka Oil
- Stir the salt into a hot bath to dissolve, and then let the water cool to your preferred soaking temperature. Add in the drops and soak to your heart’s content.
When you are feeling spent, it might be time to spend some time in a luxury bath full of delicious ingredients that will leave you feeling silky-smooth and ready for anything that comes your way!
- 1/3 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/3 cup PRI Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup unscented body soap
- 1/4 cup vegetable glycerin
- Optional: a few drops of a favorite essential oil (though the honey smell is divine as is!) In a mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients until smooth. Use right away or keep stored in a lidded container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. To use: pour 1/4 cup-1/2 cup under running water. Enjoy!
And if you need a quick option - simply scoop a couple of tablespoons of our Manuka honey directly under the warm running water as you fill the tub. Then soak the day away, while you relax and allow your skin to enjoy the healing power of the honey.