Honey Roasted Granola
Summer is upon us friends! The sun is shining, school is out and that means it’s time to get outside! Whether you like to camp, hike, build sand castles at the beach or just have a simple picnic this Honey Almond Granola is the perfect partner for your adventures!
Made with lots of fiber, healthy fats, prebiotics and, of course, flavor we just had to share our favorite granola recipe with you :)
DYK that sprouted seeds don’t just have more fiber but more insoluble fiber making them a great prebiotic. Additionally sprouting makes the seeds easier to digest and allows for easier absorption of nutrients.
Paired with manuka honey, which studies show is also a great prebiotic, this granola will give you and your family the long lasting energy you need for your outings without the crash of traditional sugar.
We do heat the honey in this recipe therefore it is no longer raw however, the MGO (aka methylglyoxal) will not be affected much by the process so you can feel even better knowing you are reaping the unique benefits manuka has to offer.
Honey Almond Granola
Yields: 8-10 cups
4.5 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
1 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/3 ground flaxseed
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp PRI Fine Sea Salt
½ cup coconut oil (melted)
½ cup PRI Manuka Honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: rolled oats, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and sea salt. Whisk until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients: melted coconut oil with manuka honey and vanilla extract. Stir well until mixture is as combined and smooth as you can get it.
4. Next, transfer the wet into the dry ingredients and stir for a few minutes until the mixture begins to stick together, add additional honey if needed.
5. Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet with parchment paper and smooth it out in a even flat layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flip half way. The granola will be ready once it starts to become golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool down before breaking it up into pieces. Serve with yogurt, milk, berries, or dried fruit and enjoy! Store in airtight containers.