Flapjacks – Oats and Honey
My kids love this delicious and super easy recipe, its perfect for their lunchboxes. Made with our amazing New Zealand Tawari honey, it has the perfect consistency and adds a subtle taste of honey to the bars. Why not try it for yourself?
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2cup + 1tsp of New Zealand Tawari honey
- 4 cups porridge oats
- Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat, stir occasionally, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats and mix in well, making sure they’re nicely coated.
- Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared cake tin and spread to about ¾in thick. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges, but still slightly soft in the middle.
- Let cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares.
Filed under: Recipes Tagged: Honey, New Zealand Honey