My kids love this delicious and super easy recipe, its perfect for their lunchboxes. Made with our amazing New Zealand Tawari honey, it has the perfect consistency and adds a subtle taste of honey to the bars. Why not try it for yourself?
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2cup + 1tsp of New Zealand Tawari honey
- 4 cups porridge oats
- Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat, stir occasionally, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats and mix in well, making sure they’re nicely coated.
- Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared cake tin and spread to about ¾in thick. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges, but still slightly soft in the middle.
- Let cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares.
Filed under: Recipes Tagged: Honey, New Zealand Honey