Manuka Honey and Breakfast
Breakfast is probably the most important meal of the day. It gives you the energy you need and helps you to be more focused throughout the day. Breakfast provides the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast.
Aside from giving us energy, breakfast foods are also good sources of essential vitamins and minerals. It brings back glucose levels that are needed for brain function and improve memory and boost concentration levels. Having a good breakfast gives us joy and helps us improve our mood and lower our stress levels.
Start your day right by including a portion of fruits, vegetables and Manuka Honey to your breakfast. Manuka honey is known to be a good source of nutrients. It is also rich in antioxidants and lowers cholesterol.
Here are 5 ways to power up your day with Manuka Honey.
- Spread over toast – Enjoy a healthy breakfast by having a warm butter toast with Manuka Honey.
- Enjoy a warm drink – add a twist to your favourite tea by putting on a little Manuka Honey, or make a healthy warm cocoa by mixing Manuka Honey with almond milk and cacao powder.
- Pour over pancakes and waffles - drizzle Manuka honey on top of your pancake and waffles and add on some berries and nuts too. Surely, the kids will love.
- Blend in to a smoothie – Add a teaspoon of Manuka Honey to your favourite smoothie and blend it all together to quench your thirst.
- Add it to your yogurt or porridge – turn your yogurt in to a sweet treat you’ll crave.