Manuka Honey For Flu
Summer is almost coming to an end and Fall is just around the corner. Weather changes and the temperature slowly drops. Cozy fires & hot chocolate days are on the horizon...unfortunately, so is the cold & flu season.
Influenza, commonly known as the “flu”, is an infectious disease caused by the influenza virus. Most common symptoms include: fever, runny nose, sore throat, and cough.
There are a lot of home remedies that can help relieve the symptoms and can get you back to normal shape in no time. One of the natural ways to help reduce flu symptoms is Manuka honey.
Manuka Honey contains antioxidants, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that have been shown to help fight against common flu symptoms. Manuka honey has been found to reduce inflammation when you have a sore throat.  Manuka honey also helps support the immune system, which helps you to recover faster and reduces the chances of having flu in the future.
How to take Manuka Honey as a possible natural remedy for flu:
- Take 2-3 tbsp of Manuka honey for immune support or as soon as you spot some flu symptoms.
- Add a teaspoonful of Manuka honey to a glass of warm water. Consume this mixture every morning to help soothe throat irritation caused by the flu.
- Beat colds and flu with Manuka honey, ginger and lemon drink. Combine 3 tbsps of Manuka honey with a squeeze of lemon juice, grate an inch of fresh ginger,add boiling water, and let it stand for 20mins. Miix well and enjoy the healthy goodness of Manuka honey.
- For dry cough, take Propolis and Manuka Honey Cough Elixir as directed, a powerful all natural cough elixir specifically directed to relieve symptoms of a dry cough.
- To soothe sore throat, dissolve a Manuka honey and Propolis lozenge in your mouth. It combines the power of CPL 15 Propolis with the soothing qualities of pure New Zealand NPA 10+ (MG 265+) active Manuka honey.