Flap Jack's Peanut Stacks
Make your mornings a whole lot sweeter with honey and these Flap Jack’s Peanut Stacks. Filled with hearty ingredients like peanut butter and oats and naturally sweetened with honey, these pancakes have everything needed to power through the day!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Manuka Honey
- 1 cup Quaker© oats (quick-cooking or old fashioned)
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Pacific Sea Salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas sliced
- In small bowl, combine peanut butter and 1/3 cup Manuka honey; mix well. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, buttermilk and remaining honey; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and Pacific Sea Salt. Add egg and oil to oats mixture; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over-mix.)
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease griddle. For each pancake, drop scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle; spread into 4-inch circle. Turn pancakes when edges are covered with bubbles and begin to look cooked. (Note: These thicker pancakes take longer to cook than traditional pancakes.)
- To serve, place one pancake on plate; spread with 2 Tablespoons peanut butter/honey mixture and top with additional 4 to 6 banana slices. Repeat with remaining pancakes making stacks of two. Drizzle with honey, if desired.
*Substitute soy nut butter for peanut butter in spread. * Extra pancakes can be frozen up to 1 month. Cool completely, then stack with waxed paper between cakes. Transfer to freezer bag or airtight container and seal. To reheat, arrange 2 pancakes on microwave-safe plate. Microwave at medium (50%) until heated through. * Store peanut butter spread covered at room temperature up to 3 days.
Based on a recipe from: The National Honey Board
Manuka Honey 200+
From $ 39.99