Who says you can’t have your Coconut Cream Pie & eat it too?
As you may have heard, we’re on a mission to make our favorite things healthier and we’ve definitely accomplished that with this delicious dairy & processed sugar free cream pie.
This recipe pairs our Lemon Twist Manuka Honey and microplastic free NZ Sea Salt with organic shredded coconut and coconut oil & milk from our friends and neighbors at Edward & Sons. It’s also the perfect treat as the weather gets warmer because it’s no-bake!
Since you also don’t need to roll out the crust, it’s a great recipe for beginners. Bright, light and creamy all at the same time, you’re going to want to save this one for the next time you need to whip up a special treat!
Lemon Coconut Cream Pie
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (we used Joolies)
- 1/3 cup PRI Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut
- 3 tbsp Native Forest Organic Coconut Oil (not melted)
- ¼ tsp PRI Fine Sea Salt
Coconut Pudding Layer:
- 1 13.5oz can Native Forest Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup PRI Lemon Manuka Honey
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp PRI Fine Sea Salt
Shredded Coconut Layer:
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Lemon Coconut Cream:
- 2 - 13.5oz cans Native Forest Classic Coconut Milk (refrigerated upside down, overnight)
- 2 tbsp PRI Lemon Manuka Honey
- Shredded Coconut
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Prepare a pie pan or spring form pan with parchment or oil.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until the mixture is able to be pressed or rolled together. If it’s too dry add 1 tbsp of honey or coconut oil.
- Press the crust into the pan evenly and store in the freezer while continuing the following steps.
- To form the coconut pudding filling, bring coconut milk, honey, cornstarch and sea salt into a pan on medium heat. Whisk continuously so the cornstarch doesn’t clump and all the ingredients are well combined. Continue whisking until you have a thick pudding like texture and it begins to bubble. Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the pudding layer on top of the crust, add a layer of shredded coconut over the pudding and place in the freezer while we make the lemon coconut whipped topping.
- In a stand mixer or bowl with a hand mixer, place the coconut cream from the top of the can, do not include the liquid. Start whisking on medium-high speed and add in the honey. Whisk on high until you have a thick whipped topping.
- Place the whipped topping over the shredded coconut and pudding layer. Place back in the freezer to set for 15 minutes. Top with shredded coconut and toasted coconut.
$ 28.99 Our family was the first to bring distinctive, authentic, cool-processed, raw Manuka Honey to the U.S. Sourced from native Manuka trees found only in New Zealand & Australia, Manuka Honey has been used for centuries by native peoples. Today doctors,… Read More
Lemon Twist Manuka - 500g
Our family was the first to bring distinctive, authentic, cool-processed, raw Manuka Honey to the U.S. Sourced from native Manuka trees found only in New Zealand & Australia, Manuka Honey has been used for centuries by native peoples. Today doctors,… Read More