Our recent poll indicated you wanted to see two things: more air fryer recipes and more healthy dessert recipes… we figured why not give you both at the same time!
Thus, our Air Fryer Honey Apple Pie Bombs have arrived! These channel all the holiday feels without all the holiday effort. Only five ingredients and the hardest part is...wait, there is no hard part!
Serve these to round out our holiday sheet pan meal (Part 1, Part 2) plan, or bring to your office potluck or holiday parties and share just how delicious the benefits of Manuka Honey can be.
- 1 Can of premade biscuits (We used Immaculate Baking)
- 5-6 Large apples (We used honeycrisp)
- ⅔ Cup PRI Manuka Honey 5+
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 2-3 Tsp Cinnamon
- Peel, core and slice your apples into small pieces. Place them in a large pot and add the juice of one lemon. Add ⅓ cup manuka honey into the pot and stir until well combined throughout. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- While the apples are sitting, open your biscuits. You should have 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into two layers, it should be easy to spread apart. Roll the biscuit out with a rolling pin to 3-4 inch circle in diameter, use parchment paper between the rolling pin so it doesn't stick if needed.
- Place the pot on medium heat, add ⅓ cup more manuka honey and the cinnamon. Stir often for 20 minutes. The liquid should absorb mostly until the apples form a beautiful golden and thick apple filling.
- Once the biscuit dough is rolled out place 1 tbsp of filling in the dough and pinch the edges up like a bao bun to form a circle. Pinch in the corners well so no filling comes out when cooked.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350F. Spray the air fryer with cooking spray or oil and then place in your batch. Cook for 7-9 minutes, check until golden. Repeat until all the biscuits are made, this should yield at least 15-16 apple pie bombs.
- Roll in cinnamon and/or sugar and top with more honey!
We love to use Manuka Honey in (almost) everything. The options are endless when it comes to adding Manuka Honey to your healthy baking or cooking inspiration and ideas. This is a great natural sweetener and the flavor can elevate any recipe. Additionally, it has many impressive proven health benefits. This mouth-watering healthy recipe calls for few ingredients and is so easy to make perfect for impromptu gatherings.
Manuka Honey 60+
***New Label - Same great Manuka honey!*** Our family was the first to bring distinctive, authentic, cool-processed, raw Manuka Honey to the U.S. Sourced from native Manuka trees found in New Zealand & Australia, Manuka Honey has been used for… Read More