Clean New Zealand BioGro Certified Coarse Sea Salt
- Natural drying process by sun and wind
- Harvested from the clean oceans around New Zealand
- Certified by BioGro New Zealand
- Contains NO additives, only ingredient Pacific Sea Salt
- Retains all the natural trace elements
- Contains naturally occurring Iodine, nothing added
Can Salt be Organic?
Organic doesn’t refer to the product itself, it refers to the process the product has been through. If we think about the product all chicken is organic. This salt goes through a rigorous process and is tested much the same way that fruit, vegetables and grains are tested for pesticides and foreign pollutants.
The ocean water is tested, while the salt is drying. It is also tested and when it is packed. This testing process enables this salt to be certified by BioGro for organic input as it contains no contaminants. Most salts cannot even begin this process as the ocean water in most of the world is polluted and has to be altered to remove impurities.