National Bagel Day bold statement alert! You will never buy bagels at the grocery store again after you make these! 6 ingredients, gluten free, yeast free and made in the air fryer...the texture is *insert chefs’ kiss here*
Our Honey Oat Flour bagels are great plain or you could also top them with Everything Bagel seasoning, sesame seeds or really anything else you want!
There is no waiting for the dough to rise which means your bagel craving can be satiated in under 30 minutes aka less time than that trip to the store for those other “bagels” 😉 You could even make the dough the night before and then pop em in the air fryer for that just baked bagel experience. Since the MGO in the manuka will not be killed off by the heat, these are also a tasty way to add a little natural boost to your morning!
Air Fryer Honey Oat Flour Bagels
These delicious honey oat bagels are gluten-free, yeast-free refined sugar-free, and are made in the air fryer!
Yields: 2 large bagels or 4-5 mini bagels (Double the recipe for 4 large bagels)
- 1 ¼ Cup Oat Flour (Sifted)
- 150G Dairy-free Unsweetened Yogurt (We used Oatly)
- 2 Tbsp PRI Manuka Honey
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp PRI Fine Sea Salt
- ⅛ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- If you’re making your own oat flour. Place oats in a high speed blender until no clumps remain. Sift the flour and then measure it again.
- In a large bowl, add oat flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk well. Then add in the yogurt and honey. Stir the batter well until a dough ball begins to form. If it’s too sticky add 1 tbsp of oat flour at a time until it’s not too wet.
- Cover a surface with parchment paper and cover your hands in oat flour, spread some on the parchment and then place your dough on the parchment paper.
- Section it into equal parts and then roll a ball of dough in your hand, flatten it out and then use your index finger to form the hole of the bagel. Repeat until done.
- Next, cut out a round sheet of parchment paper to fit your air fryer.
- Place the bagels in the air fryer, usually two at a time depending on size.
- Brush the top lightly with almond milk and air fry at 350F for 7-10 mins, depending on size and air fryer.
- Remove and let cool on a cooling rack before slicing. Enjoy!