Bloody Honey Skull Cakes with PRI Organic Raw Honey!
Written by No Fuss Natural
Halloween is the perfect time to let our spooky side out. It’s also a great opportunity to get creative in the kitchen!
Our Bloody Honey Skull Cupcakes are the ultimate combination of flavor, fun, and spooky! This halloween dessert pairs a scrumptious chocolate cake with a cranberry-honey filling.
To make these spooky cupcakes you’ll need a silicone mold in the shape of a skull. To ensure success you’ll also need cooking spray to enable to cake to easily release from the mold.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1/3 cup avocado oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
¼ cup PRI Organic Raw Honey
1 tsp. cranberry powder
4 drops natural red food coloring (such as Watkins brand)
You will also need:
- Silicone skull cupcake mold (we used this one)
- Baking tray
- Cooking spray, such as Pam
- Frosting gun or piping bag with long tip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C)
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugars, oil, milk, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly blended. BUt don't overmix!
- Spray skull mold with baking spray, being sure to cover the entire inside surface.
- Spoon batter until about half full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Gentle remove from mold and allow to cool.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the filling by mixing the honey, cranberry powder, and food coloring.
- Place cranberry honey in a frosting gun or piping bag with long tip. Once cake is cool, insert tip into back or side of skull and gentle push the piping gun until 1-2 teaspoons of filling has been inserted into the cake. The amount of filling is up to you. If you choose to only add a little filling, then the ozzy inside may be a surprise to those who bite into these cakes! YOu also have the option of over-filling slightly so the filling oozes out visibility.