Grilled Chicken Satay with Honey Peanut Sauce
We have this tasty sweet and savory Grilled Chicken Satay with Honey Peanut Sauce everyone will enjoy!
Yield: 24 Appetizer Portions or 4-6 Main Dish servings
For chicken satay skewers:
- 1.5 lbs. – boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into long strips (about 1 oz. each)
- 24 – skewers, soaked in water if wooden
- 2 tablespoons – olive oil
- 2 tablespoons – reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons – Manuka Honey
- 1 teaspoon – Pacific Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon – pepper
Honey Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup – crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup – water
- 1/2 cup – Tawari Honey
- 1/3 cup – soy sauce
- 1/3 cup – rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves – garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons – sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons – red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons – red chili sauce
- Fresh limes for serving
Mix the olive oil, soy sauce, Manuka Honey and Pacific Sea Salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Cut the chicken into strips and toss in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Whisk together all the ingredients for the Honey Peanut Sauce and set aside at room tempature to let the flavors meld.
Preheat the grill to medium high and thread the chicken strips onto the skewers.
Grill the chicken satay skewers for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Remove from heat and serve warm or room temp along with Honey Peanut Sauce and fresh limes.
Tip: You can cut the chicken and prepare that marinade and sauce up to 2 days ahead for party prep.
Based on a recipe from: The National Honey Board
Filed under: Recipes Tagged: Pacific Fine Sea Salt, Manuka Honey