You may have noticed the rise in popularity of jerky made with mushrooms but have you tried it yet? We’re here to tell you it’s worth ALLLLL the hype. Here’s our favorite recipe to get you started but the flavor combos you could create are infinite!
Air Fryer Shiitake Mushroom Jerky
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of shiitake mushroom
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp PRI Manuka Honey 60+
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp PRI Chipotle BBQ Salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Next, create your marinade by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl and stirring until well combined.
- Place your mushrooms into a glass container with a lid and pour in your marinade. Place the top on and refrigerate overnight (preferred) or for at least a minimum of 2 hours. Shake the container regularly so the marinade is distributed throughout.
- Next, remove your mushrooms from the fridge, they should have absorbed most of the liquid, but strain whatever excess marinade there is.
- Place the mushrooms on a paper towel and pat dry again.
- Next, place your mushrooms flat in the air fryer and airfry at 180F for 60 minutes. Spray with cooking spray. After 30 minutes, flip the mushrooms over so they can cook evenly. At 60 minutes, check if they are your desired texture, if not, keep in the airfryer until desired consistency. Remove from airfryer and place on a paper towel one last time to absorb the excess oil. Enjoy!