Pumpkin and Honey Cornbread Recipe
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, but don’t worry this delicious Pumpkin and Honey Cornbread recipe makes for a tasty side dish. Everyone at the table will be asking for more!
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray an 8 x 8-inch dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a medium-size mixing bowl, add the melted butter, dark brown sugar and Manuka Honey. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the egg.
- Pour in the buttermilk and pumpkin puree, and whisk to combine.
- Add in the cornmeal, flour, and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Place the batter into the prepared baking dish, and bake for 25 minutes, until the top is just golden brown.
- Spread butter and drizzle honey on top to serve.