Manuka Honey Grapefruit Soda
Who’s ready for Spring? This grapefruit soda is definitely channeling all the spring vibes!
This month is National Grapefruit Month & we’re letting that big citrus star shine in this recipe but really, you could use any juice you like! The great thing about this particular combo is that you can get your soda fix while also supporting your health!
Grapefruit and ginger are both shown to support healthy heart and brain functions. Grapefruit also contains high levels of vitamin C, while ginger is a powerhouse when it comes to supporting your digestive health. Add to that some magical Manuka and soda suddenly becomes a ridiculously delicious health tonic!
- 1 ¼ Cup Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- Grapefruit Zest
- ½ Cup PRI Manuka Honey 5+ (or ¾ Cup If You Prefer It Sweeter)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Juice or Fresh Ginger
- Sparkling Water
- To make the simple syrup, add one cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice to a saucepan with the zest of one grapefruit.
- Next add in ½ cup of Manuka honey and 2 tbsp of ginger juice.
- Turn it on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir regularly, once it starts to bubble up turn down the heat. Give it a taste, if you prefer it sweeter add an extra ¼ cup Manuka honey and bring it back to a boil.
- Turn the heat off once it boils for a few mins. Then let it cool.
- Strain the mixture, and transfer it to a glass jar and cool in the fridge.
- To assemble your soda, add ice, two tablespoons of the grapefruit simple syrup, fill it ¾ of the way with sparkling water and then top it off additional grapefruit juice for added flavor and color.
- Give it a good stir and enjoy!