Copycat Fruit Punch Gatorade
The dog days of summer are officially here 🥵. Whether you are keeping cool by the pool or crowded around the air conditioner, keeping hydrated is key. Especially if pool time involves margaritas 😉
We love a good electrolyte drink to keep us in tip top shape but what we don’t need are unnecessary artificial dyes and ingredients…yuck! Thus, we took one of our favorite flavors and gave it an upgrade which, of course, we just had to share with you!
You might ask: why are electrolytes important anyway and how do they work? Well, electrolytes play a critical role in balancing your body’s pH and in moving nutrients to your cells. They also help balance the water level in your body and regulate your heartbeat. (1)
When you are low on electrolytes you can experience all sorts of issues like blood clots and muscle contractions. Luckily it’s so easy to avoid by simply drinking enough water and incorporating this drink into your summer routine! (2)
Pro tip: if you don’t like fruit punch, you can make it with any juice you prefer. Citrus is also a very refreshing choice!
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- 1 Tbsp Manuka Honey
- ½ Cup White Grape Juice
- ¼ Cup Apple Juice
- ¼ Cup Concord Grape Juice
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
- ½ Tsp PRI Fine Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Beet Powder (Optional; For Color)
- Add 2 cups of water to a large mason jar. Then add in 1 tbsp of manuka honey. Secure the lid and shake well until the honey is mixed into the water. The liquid should be yellow in color.
- Remove the lid and add white grape juice, apple juice, concord grape juice, orange juice and pineapple juice. Next, add in sea salt. If you prefer it less salty add ¼ tsp at a time of sea salt.
- Secure the lid and shake well. If you want the color to be a more true red like classic electrolyte drinks add in ½ tsp of beet powder for color. Optional, but recommended!
- Shake well and enjoy by itself or served over ice!