Ayurvedic Kitchari with Cilantro Honey Chutney
Celebrate National Soup Month with this easy, delicious and healthy kitchari! This recipe incorporates Ayurvedic spices known to help reduce inflammation, improve digestion and more.
Topped off with a delectable Cilantro Honey Chutney that brings just the right amount of sweetness, this soup is the perfect dish to help you meet your 2021 goals!
- 1 cup moong dal (dry)
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (dry)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Pacific Resources International Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 5 cups water
- Vegetables of choice (we used zucchini, kale and carrots)
- Rinse moong dal and rice a few times until water is clear.
- 2. In a large pot, place spices and oil and cook until aromatic (make sure not to overcook the spices).
- Next add 5 cups of water and 1 cup of moong dal and ½ cup basmati rice. Give it a good stir and add in your finely chopped vegetables.
- Cook on medium/high until it starts to boil. Place the lid on and reduce to a simmer and let it cook for 35-40 minutes or until the rice and moong dal are mushy. Serve immediately and enjoy with a generous amount of cilantro honey chutney.
Cilantro Honey Chutney
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp Pacific Resources International Australian Organic Raw Honey or Manuka honey
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor except the toasted coconut flakes.
- Pulse until well combined to the consistency you prefer.
- Add in the toasted coconut flakes last and pulse a few times. Serve on top of the kitchari and enjoy!