Memorial Day Weekend is the start of summer grilling! Try the Grilled Peach Crisp Sundae with Cinnamon-Honey Drizzle topped with New Zealand’s sweet Tawari Honey. Brushing the caramelized peaches with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt highlights the fruit’s natural sweetness. This warm weather dessert is a tasty way to conclude your evening of grilling fun!
- 2 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- New Zealand Sea Salt
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
- ½ cup of your favorite granola
- ¼ cup Twari Honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Brush the cut-side of your peaches with olive oil and sprinkle with the tiniest pinch of salt.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. When hot, place the peaches on the grill cut-side down and cook for about 5 minutes until slightly softened with visible grill marks.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the honey and cinnamon and cook for about 45 seconds, stirring regularly, until warmed through.
- To assemble your sundaes: Put the grilled peach halves into bowls or fancy serving plates. Top each half with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, sprinkle with granola and drizzle with the cinnamon-honey. Serve immediately
Based on a recipe from Domesticate-Me.com
Filed under: Recipes Tagged: Cinnamon-Honey Drizzle, Grilled Peach Crisp Sundae with Cinnamon-Honey Drizzle, New Zealand Sea Salt, Tawari Honey